• For prelims there will be extra points if the poem is an original composition.
• For finals the poem must be an original composition.
• The poems performed in the eliminations and finals must be different (unless they are original)
• No props, costumes or musical instruments including overly dramatic clothing allowed.
• The score keeper will keep a track of the length of the performance. If the poem goes longer
than 10 seconds grace period, there will be penalty.
• Obscenity (at the discretion of the judges) will not be allowed.
• The participants will be called in random order, therefore everyone should be present at least 15
minutes before the show.